Use What You’ve Got Veggie Pasta
Here’s another “Covid Cooking” aka Use What You’ve Got veggie pasta dish that is surprisingly simple & delicious. Anybody else meal planning on what protein & veg are going to spoil first?
Use What You've Got Veggie Pasta
- 2 mediums sized metal pans
- Large mixing bowl
- pot to cook pasta in
- microplane cheese grater
- 14 oz sweet cherry tomatoes washed & dried
- 2 medium zucchini washed, dried, cut into even strips
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning ground in-between fingers to release oils
- 1 tsp garlic seasoned salt link at bottom of blog
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided in half
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 9 ounces pasta of your choice cooked & drained
- 10 leaves fresh basil optional
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmigiana Reggiano optional
- Wash and dry cherry tomatoes. Place in pan. Slice zucchini into even strips. Place in different pan. Drizzle each with evoo. Grind roasted garlic salt over tomatoes. Crush & sprinkle dried Italian seasoning on the zucchini.
- Bake both pans in preheated 350°F oven for ~25 mins, or until zucchini is soft & tomatoes have blistered & burst a bit.
- Towards end of cooking veg is in oven, boil your favorite pasta & drain; place in large bowl.
- Toss cooked pasta with evoo, unsalted butter, & tomato pan drippings. Slice zucchini into bite sized pieces & add to pasta. Carefully pic tomatoes from vine & add to pasta. Gently fold ingredients. Place mixture into serving dish.
- Top with fresh basil & grate Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Buon appetito!
Where to buy MCCORMICK® GARLIC SEASONED SALT GRINDER
If you have an HEB market near you, their “Flavor Bomb Sweet Tomatoes” are a must!