Use What You’ve Got Veggie Pasta
Here’s another “Covid Cooking” aka Use What You’ve Got veggie pasta dish that is surprisingly simple & delicious. Anybody else meal planning on what protein & veg are going to spoil first?
Use What You've Got Veggie Pasta
Here's another "Covid Cooking" aka Use What You've Got veggie pasta dish that is surprisingly simple & delicious. Anybody else meal planning on what protein & veg are going to spoil first?
Servings 2 people
- 2 mediums sized metal pans
- Large mixing bowl
- pot to cook pasta in
- microplane cheese grater
- 14 oz sweet cherry tomatoes washed & dried
- 2 medium zucchini washed, dried, cut into even strips
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning ground in-between fingers to release oils
- 1 tsp garlic seasoned salt link at bottom of blog
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided in half
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 9 ounces pasta of your choice cooked & drained
- 10 leaves fresh basil optional
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmigiana Reggiano optional
- Wash and dry cherry tomatoes. Place in pan. Slice zucchini into even strips. Place in different pan. Drizzle each with evoo. Grind roasted garlic salt over tomatoes. Crush & sprinkle dried Italian seasoning on the zucchini.
- Bake both pans in preheated 350°F oven for ~25 mins, or until zucchini is soft & tomatoes have blistered & burst a bit.
- Towards end of cooking veg is in oven, boil your favorite pasta & drain; place in large bowl.
- Toss cooked pasta with evoo, unsalted butter, & tomato pan drippings. Slice zucchini into bite sized pieces & add to pasta. Carefully pic tomatoes from vine & add to pasta. Gently fold ingredients. Place mixture into serving dish.
- Top with fresh basil & grate Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Buon appetito!
Of course you can sub any vegetable you would like, and you can double, triple the recipe! It's a truly great, simple weekday summer meal. Light and fresh! I stated the basil and parm were optional; however, I wouldn't advice skipping. Flavor! Please let me know if you try and how your version turns out. Remember, always have fun in the kitchen! Cheers!
Where to buy MCCORMICK® GARLIC SEASONED SALT GRINDER
If you have an HEB market near you, their “Flavor Bomb Sweet Tomatoes” are a must!
Related vegetarian posts:
Vegan Tofu Chili
Baked Stuffed Portobellos
Other pasta posts:
Mussel & Shrimp Pasta Bowl: Wine Plus 9
Lamb Ragu Pasta Dish
Leftover Chicken One Skillet Pasta
2 thoughts on “Use What You’ve Got Veggie Pasta”
I made macaroni pasta and used mushrooms, red onion, and Roma tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. It tasted good but didn’t look as pretty. Lol Great inspiration recipe.
Thank you so much for the kind words Michele. I’m so happy I inspired you. Mission accomplished! Cheers!