Devils River Coffee Bourbon Spiked Choco "Latte"
Rich chocolate, robust coffee goodness. Perfect anytime of year for any occasion.
- 1.7 oz Devils River Coffee Bourbon measure or one mini bar bottle
- 1 cup your favorite drinking milk chocolate completely cooled in refrigerator
- 1/4 cup liquid dairy coffee creamer frothed
- 8-10 dashes orange bitters to taste
- 1 orange slice for garnish optional; see "how to" at end of recipe
Pour whiskey and chilled hot chocolate over ice in a 16 oz Mason jar (or vessel of your choice).
Add bitters. Stir.
Froth milk using a battery charged frother, or method of your choice (see link in post body text on where to buy).
Gently pour frothed milk on top of cocktail.
OPTIONAL: Make extra hot chocolate to make large square ice cubes, as seen in the main photo.
Candied orange garnish:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut a fresh orange into thin slices. Place them on a parchment lined baking pan for ~15 minutes; take care not to burn. Char is good, burnt is bad.
Make sure your orange is nice and juicy. No need to add an additional sugar for beautiful caramelization and yummy taste.