Slow Cooker EVERYTHING Chicken
Do you like BBQ chicken sandies? How about spicy chicken tacos? Chicken alfredo pasta? Asian-inspired lettuce wraps? Than this is the one stop, one pot recipe for you! Simply add a few ingredients and the possibility of chicken dishes are endless. Or enjoy it as is. Make a pot for multiple meals or it can be divided into smaller portions and frozen for weeknight bites in a flash. Slow Cooker EVERYTHING Chicken is a time saver beyond measure and as yummy as you make it. Let’s get cooking!
- Approx 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (if extra large, cut in half for equal sizes; or thighs if you prefer)
- 2 tsp sea salt (adjust depending if salt is in the broth you are using)
- 1 tbsp ground white pepper (or 1/2 tbsp finely ground black pepper)
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground sage
- 1 cup unsalted chicken bone broth (or low sodium chicken broth, but the bone flavor is much more concentrated and is good for your bod!)
Put chicken in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Add all ingredients on top and gently pour in chicken broth. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours until chickens internal temperature reads 165°F.
Allow chicken and cooker to cool for about 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves and discard.
Shred cooked chicken using two forks or shredding claws. Once you go claws, you’ll never fork again. There are a lot to choose from on the market and they are inexpensive. I’m not a kitchen gadget person, but I believe having a set is a must. They can turn a half an hour job into mere minutes. Can be used for all types of meats. I recommend Dragon Knuckle.
That’s it! Well, almost. Here are just a few meal ideas to use with Slow Cooker EVERYTHING Chicken:
…chicken tacos, chicken casserole, chicken tortilla soup, chicken salad, chicken masala…you get it! I’m Gumped out. I hope you enjoy Slow Cooker EVERYTHING Chicken. Please feel free to ask questions or comment. And, remember to always have fun in the kitchen! Cheers!
Grilled Curry Chicken Pizza