Happy Halloween – Fun with Food!
Want a way to make your Halloween dinner a little more interesting? This “Vampire Burger” is super easy to put together and is sure to please even the pickiest of your little ghouls and goblins…of all ages!
Recipe [for 2 huge burgers as shown]:
- 1 lb ground brisket and sirloin blend (or meat of your choice; could also use veggie burger)
- Seasoning of your choice
- Large buns
- One large tomato
- Thick sliced white cheddar
- Pimento stuffed Spanish queen olives
- Long thin sliced dill pickles (e.g., Stackers)
- Love & fun – if you have kiddos, or even a perpetual child-like spouse, they can help. 🙂
Divide meat and form into two patties. I crusted these in course ground black pepper and garlic powder and used one egg to bind. [Tip: If planning on grilling, place is fridge for ~15 minutes to set so they don’t fall apart.] Cook employing desired method to temperature of choice. Slice tomato into ~1/2″ thick rounds. Cut cheese into various sized “fangs.” Place tomatoes, pickles, and olives onto a paper towel to absorb excess liquid. Assemble! Bottom bun, tomato, patty, pickle, arrange cheese “fangs,” drizzle with ketchup (blood!), top bun, secure olive “eyeballs” with toothpicks. Done!
Wishing you and yours a safe and happy Halloween!
*Background created using Photoshop. All content my own.